HEALTH AND Medical Copywriter
Hi, I’m Eve Vickerson, an Australian health and medical copywriter.
I can help you connect with more patients by creating health content that is:
- AHPRA compliant
- thoroughly researched using up-to-date, evidence-based sources
- engaging to your audience but also geared to drive more search engine traffic
Qualified and Experienced
- Master of Business (Marketing) from the Qld University of Technology
- Former marketing manager of The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation (The Common Good)
- Member of the Australasian Medical Writers Association
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration and Management from the University of Queensland
- Diploma of Project Management from the Australian Institute of Management
- Digital marketing skills in SEO, social media marketing, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Ads and email marketing.
- Member of The Clever Copywriting School
From Town Planner to Health Writer
You might be wondering why an experienced urban planner and project manager decided to change it all and become a health writer and marketer?
Here’s the deal, for years I’d been ignoring my personal strengths (creativity, a love of learning and a desire to help others) in favour of having a sensible and
stale stable job. I spent 10 years negotiating complex development proposals and managing projects including the delivery of new optical fibre networks for one of Australia’s biggest telcos.
When I turned 30 I had a choice: Spend another 30 or so years in a job I no longer enjoyed or make a big, scary change.
Making the healthy choice
You’ll be glad to know that I made the brave choice. I decided to do marketing for not-for-profits. I wanted to find out if you could use marketing powers for good and not evil…
So I got busy and:
- Completed a masters in marketing
- Put myself out there and became an intern at the ripe old age of 31
- Added digital marketing, social media management and copywriting to my growing list of skills.
- Successfully led the start-up marketing strategy for a not-for-profit community initiative, YIMBY Qld (or Yes In My Backyard Qld)
- Created content and webpages that supported the Brisbane Powerhouse marketing team in making a record year of ticket sales
- Went on to become the marketing manager at The Common Good (The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation) helping to raise funds for medical research.
Want to know what happened next?
I soon learnt that a crucial piece of health marketing success is to create regular, engaging content. It takes time and that’s exactly what I didn’t have.
Then came the realisation:
There must be others out there who want to create good quality health content but don’t have the time or resources to do it. I could help them!
So, if you want:
- clear, credible and caring health content
- a growing audience and strong reputation
- more time back for yourself