HEALTH AND Medical writer
Hi, I’m Eve Vickerson, a health and medical writer in Australia.
I can help you connect with more patients by creating health content that is:
- AHPRA compliant
- thoroughly researched using up-to-date, evidence-based sources
- engaging to your audience but also geared to drive more search engine traffic
Qualified and Experienced
- Master of Business (Marketing) from the Qld University of Technology
- Former marketing manager of The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation (The Common Good)
- Member of the Australasian Medical Writers Association
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration and Management from the University of Queensland
- Diploma of Project Management from the Australian Institute of Management
- Digital marketing skills in SEO, social media marketing, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Ads and email marketing.
- Member of The Clever Copywriting School. You can view my directory listing as a medical writer in Australia here.
From Town Planner to Medical Writer
You might be wondering why an experienced urban planner and project manager decided to change it all and become a health writer and marketer?
Here’s the deal, for years I’d been ignoring my personal strengths (creativity, a love of learning and a desire to help others) in favour of having a sensible and
stale stable job. I spent 10 years negotiating complex development proposals and managing projects including the delivery of new optical fibre networks for one of Australia’s biggest telcos.
When I turned 30 I had a choice: Spend another 30 or so years in a job I no longer enjoyed or make a big, scary change.
Making the healthy choice
You’ll be glad to know that I made the brave choice. I decided to do marketing for not-for-profits. I wanted to find out if you could use marketing powers for good and not evil…
So I got busy and:
- Completed a masters in marketing
- Put myself out there and became an intern at the ripe old age of 31
- Added digital marketing, social media management and copywriting to my growing list of skills.
- Successfully led the start-up marketing strategy for a not-for-profit community initiative, YIMBY Qld (or Yes In My Backyard Qld)
- Created content and webpages that supported the Brisbane Powerhouse marketing team in making a record year of ticket sales
- Went on to become the marketing manager at The Common Good (The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation) helping to raise funds for medical research.
Want to know what happened next?
I soon learnt that a crucial piece of health marketing success is to create regular, engaging content. It takes time and that’s exactly what I didn’t have.
Then came the realisation:
There must be others out there who want to create good quality health content but don’t have the time or resources to do it. I could help them!
So, if you want:
- clear, credible and caring health content
- a growing audience and strong reputation
- more time back for yourself